Meet Dr. Sumit Chawla
“I think orthodontics is one of the most interesting professions in the world. We are not just looking at teeth, but the person’s face as a whole, and we have an ability to change the face and make it look so much better. I really feel as though it is a privilege to be an orthodontist.” — Dr. Sumit Chawla
Dr. Sumit Chawla loves his chosen profession. Each day he gets to make a difference in the lives of his patients by helping them to develop a smile that will not only improve their self-esteem, but enable them to move more comfortably through the world. In addition, Dr. Chawla enjoys the new and emerging technologies and techniques that make orthodontic treatment faster and more effective with less discomfort for the patient.
His father, Dr. Jag Chawla, is also an orthodontist. Dr. Sumit Chawla has followed in his footsteps.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Loyola University of Chicago
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- Certificate in orthodontics and MBA, orthodontics – Roseman University of Health Sciences
Dr. Chawla is also a passionate advocate for continuing education in orthodontia. He knows that the only way he is able to continue to provide his patients with exceptional, up-to-date, and effective orthodontic care, employing the latest technologies and techniques, is by continuing his own training. Dr. Chawla regularly attends symposiums, lectures, and orthodontic conferences to further his learning, for the benefit of his patients.
- Board-certified Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- World Federation of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists Foundation
- Illinois Society of Orthodontists
- Chicago Dental Society
Raised in Oak Brook, Dr. Chawla is happy to be back and working near his hometown. He stays active by running, working out, playing a variety of sports, and traveling when he has the time.