Preventive dental care cannot be overemphasized regardless of your age. Visiting the dentist regularly and practicing good oral hygiene can help you maintain a healthy and beautiful smile for many years. You can prevent the formation of plaque and cavities by following these tips:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to brush your teeth twice daily, at least. Remove plaque and dirt from the tooth surfaces using fluoride toothpaste. Always brush the surface of your tongue to remove extra particles and plaque, and help maintain fresh breath!
- Floss every day to clean spaces between the teeth. Mouthwash can also be used to get rid of bacteria and freshen your breath. Mouthwash and floss will help in killing bacteria and removing food particles and plaque from under the gum line and between the teeth.
- Eat a well-balanced diet and avoid foods that contain too much sugar. Eat more nutritious foods like fruit, cheese, plain yogurt, or vegetables, as they help you maintain a healthy smile.
- Don’t forget to visit your dentist every six months for a professional teeth cleaning.
- Ask your dentist about dental sealants and how they can improve the health of your teeth.
- If you participate regularly in contact sports, make sure you ask your dentist about specially made mouth guards designed for the protection of your smile.
If your last dental checkup was about six months ago, then you should get in touch with our practice for the scheduling of your next appointment!